Solutions Sales Specialist
Purpose of the job: Drive the growth of Solution Sales and delivers pre-sales support in line with customer requirements and expectations. Provides Software Solution Delivery (SSD) design support for sales opportunities.
- Delivers service excellence daily in keeping with Amaranth Business Solutions Customer Service Philosophy.
- Meets or exceeds agreed sales targets
- Forecasts and tracks key account metrics, e.g. monthly and annual sales results and forecasts
- Supports Sales Team by analysing existing or potential customer environments / requirements.
- Designs frameworks and/or recommends solutions from the Company’s offerings that drive revenue from hardware, software and professional services, while ensuring customer satisfaction and supporting Amaranth’s initiatives around services and profitability.
- Supports the implementation of the Solutions Sales Strategy; provides technical leadership to Sales Team by guiding technology initiatives.
- Executes advanced workflow analysis and produces technical design documents based on the customers’ requirements and environments.
- Supports the Sales Team in gaining customer acceptance through presentations, client meetings or through supplier channels such as Webex seminars or training sessions.
- Establishes Amaranth as a technical business partner and premier supplier of technology-based solutions.
- Supports the timely and accurate preparation of proposals, bids, solutions designs & assessments and scopes of work.
- Designs, schedules and conducts solutions training, in collaboration with the Solutions Analyst, for internal (e.g. Sales and Service teams) and external customers.
- Supports and executes on the Company’s Voice of the Customer strategy through analysing customer feedback and continually enhancing our solutions’ customer values propositions.
- Becomes a subject matter expert in offered solutions; through self-study, maintains and enhances industry and technical knowledge as it relates to the Company’s business.
- Any other related duties that may be assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Experience:
- First degree in Computer Science, Business Computing, Information Systems or any other related discipline;
- A minimum of five (5) CXC passes including Mathematics and English (I & II)
- Networking experience that includes WAN/LAN, TCP/IP and network administration/configuration
- Knowledge of Windows Server, Active Directory and Operating Systems such as Windows, Linux/Unix or AS/400
- ITIL (Foundation & Service Design) proficiency will be an asset
- Computer Literate / proficient in Microsoft Office suite
- A minimum of three (3) years of experience in a presales role ideally working for an IT solutions service provider
- Experience in writing proposals
- Strong training and presentation skills
- Customer focused and operates in the spirit of service
- Strong analytical, troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Strong communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills
- Strong negotiation and dispute resolution skills
- Excellent planning, co-ordinating, organising and time management skills
- Ability and willingness to learn and apply new technologies quickly and is innovative
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and exercise commensurate levels of initiative and judgement
- Ability to meet deadline
- Ability to excel under pressure, acts decisively and with a sense of urgency
- Do you have a first degree in Computer Science, Business Computing, Information Systems or any other related discipline?
- Do you have at least 2-3 years experience in a presales role?
- Do you have strong client facing skills evidenced by experience in presenting to clients?
- Do you have networking experience that includes WAN/LAN, TCP/IP and network administration/configuration?